Do you have an idea?
Write for us
- We accept submissions for all sections listed in the Sections pages
- We welcome any student to submit pieces. You can be a one-off contributor or a regular contributor.
- As a regular contributor, you will be required to purchase a society membership which costs £5 per year. This can be done on the Student Union website
- No experience required to write for us
- For most articles, our word count guidelines are 500-words, 600-words, 800-words, and 1000-words. If you believe your submission will be more than 1000-words, please contact us and we would like to discuss it further.
- There is currently no set word count for fiction and poetry.
- Articles are published because of how relevant the topic is and when the article should be in t spotlight
- However, exceptions apply, and articles deemed necessary and/or urgent by the committee will be published as a priority
What to email us?
- Send a 150-word pitch about your idea for an article and your full name to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To send from: We recommend you use your university email to send emails to Leicester Student Magazine
- To send to: email@example.com
- In the email subject, please write “PITCH” in capital letters followed by the category you’re submitting to. For example, “PITCH – SPORTS“
Our contact details
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram/Facebook/Twitter: @uolstudentmag
- Facebook group for members: https://www.facebook.com/groups/uolstudentmag