Do you have an idea?
Write for us
- We accept submissions for all subjects listed in on the Categories page.
- We welcome any student to submit pieces. You can be a one-off contributor or a regular member.
- As a regular contributor, you will be required to purchase a society membership which costs £2.50 per year. This can be done on the Student Union website
- No experience required to write for us – we hope to work with you to develop your writing, and membership includes invites to workshops and talks from industry professionals.
- For most articles, our word count guidelines are 500-words, 600-words, 800-words, and 1000-words. If you believe your submission will be more than 1000-words, please contact us and we would like to discuss it further for a feature piece.
- There is currently no set word count for fiction and poetry.
- Articles are edited and published based on how relevant the topic is and when the article should receive coverage
- However, exceptions apply, and articles deemed necessary and/or urgent by the editorial board will be published as a priority
- We also regularly have articles of the same topic published across a given month (eg. February Pride Month)
What to email us?
- Send roughly 150-words pitching your idea for an article and your full name and course to to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To send from: We recommend you use your university email to send emails to Leicester Student Magazine
- To send to: email@example.com
- In the email subject, please write “PITCH” in capital letters followed by the category you’re submitting to. For example, “PITCH – SPORTS“
Our contact details
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram/Facebook/Twitter: @uolstudentmag
- Facebook group for members: https://www.facebook.com/groups/uolstudentmag